12 November 2018
Member for Glass House, Andrew Powell, is thrilled to announce that Round 97 of the Gambling Community Benefit Fund (GCBF) has brought another $117,256.53 in grants to the Glass House electorate, a whopping $94,284.53 more than round 96. Mr Powell said the fund provides one-off grants to Queensland not-for-profit community organisations, with revenue sourced from gaming taxes and distributes approximately $53 million per year to Queensland communities.
“The Gambling Community Benefit Fund is a brilliant avenue for community groups to go down when fundraising just isn’t enough” said Mr Powell.
“It is fantastic to see so much money awarded to our community this round, considering how close it is to Christmas. I know it will be gratefully received.”
Mr Powell said the lucky recipients from Glass House this time were:
• 5th Light Horse Regiment Maleny Troop Inc – $34,992 to construct a shed and purchase AV equipment
• Lions Club of Wamuran – $4,260 to purchase a trailer
• Maleny Branch Little Athletics Centre Inc – $12,134.90 to purchase equipment and a trailer
• Maleny Neighbourhood Centre Association Inc on behalf of CHASM – $33,590.13 to construct a relocatable building
• Mooloolah Public Hall Association Inc – $8,895 to install new fans
• Wamuran and District Men’s Shed Inc – $23,384.50 to extend their current facilities
Just outside the electorate boundaries, other winners who service our area included:
• Caboolture and District Woodcrafters Inc – $12,768.91 to upgrade their power board
• Dayboro Community Kindergarten Association Inc – $4,440 to purchase a whiteboard
• Dayboro Pony Club Inc – $11,000 to purchase a trailer
• Kenilworth Hall Show and Recreation Ground Association Inc – $5,000 to put towards hire costs for a community Christmas party
• Palmwoods Tennis Club Inc – $9,000 to upgrade their facility
• Caboolture Scout Group – $7,150 to upgrade their facility
“I would like to congratulate each of these groups on their success in this round and I encourage organisations within Glass House to apply for funding in the next round” Mr Powell concluded.
Information on how to apply for a GCBF grant is available at http://www.justice.qld.gov.au/grants or by phoning 1800 633 619 during business hours.
Ends 12 November 2018