Delivered. Great news for Glass House with the installation of traffic lights at the intersection of Bowen Road and Steve Irwin Way commencing.
The $2.4 million will involve:
• installing new traffic signals and signalising existing pedestrian crossings
• upgrades to existing road and intersection street lighting
• changes to business driveways/accesses from Bowen Road
• constructing new footpaths
• road widening on Bowen Road
• installing additional drainage infrastructure.
From early May 2016, works will commence for the project. To ensure the safety of motorists and workers, traffic control including reduced speed limits, shoulder and lane closures will be required at times.
General working hours near residential areas will be between 6am and 6pm, Monday to Friday, weather permitting. In addition to this, electrical night works will occur in preparation for the installation of new lighting from Monday 9 May, 2016 between 6pm and 6am. These electrical works are expected to take two weeks to complete, weather permitting.
Every effort will be made to reduce potential construction impacts. Local residents and businesses may experience some short term impacts including increased site activity, minor traffic delays, noise, dust and vibration from construction equipment and activities.
I will continue to keep you informed of project activities throughout the construction period, scheduled for completion in late 2016, weather permitting.