The road work inconvenience and traffic disruptions felt by communities living along the D’Aguilar Highway will all be worthwhile when we see the new and improved D’Aguilar Highway unveiled to traffic later this year.
I have been closely monitoring progress on the works and am pleased to provide feedback from the Department of Transport and Main Roads that various projects along the Highway have been, or are nearing, completion..
The following projects that have now been completed –
• The new Station Road intersection (previously Gamgee Road east) with the D’Aguilar Highway has opened to traffic.
• Resealing works on the D’Aguilar Highway between Canando Street and Neurum Road at Woodford is completed.
• The Gamgee Road (west) intersection with the D’Aguilar Highway upgrade is complete.
The following works are still in progress –
• Earthworks for road widening on the D’Aguilar Highway between the Gamgee Road (west) intersection and the new Station Road intersection is continuing. This work is scheduled for completion late May 2016, weather permitting.
• Pavement rehabilitation works in the existing westbound lane and the new overtaking lane between R Williams Road and Gamgee Road (west) on the D’Aguilar Highway are currently underway. These works are scheduled for completion mid-2016, weather permitting.
• Work to rehabilitate the pavement at the intersection of Gamgee Road and Meurant Road commenced in mid-April. This work is scheduled to be completed mid-May, weather and construction conditions permitting.
I have also been advised that the ‘Township Entry Treatments’ (TET) project at Wamuran is scheduled to commence on 26 April 2016, weather permitting and will take approximately one week to complete.
This project includes changes to the entry speed limit signs and pavement treatments, to highlight to motorists travelling along D’Aguilar Highway that they are entering a lower-speed environment and to encourage them to slow down on their approach, and through the township.