I recently spent a day touring the Glass House electorate to personally congratulate some of the groups that were successful in obtaining funding through the Gambling Community Benefit Fund. Here in Glass House we’re fortunate to have a range of non-profit organisations that provide services to families, our elderly and our furry friends too. Whether it’s our local cricket club, our surf lifesavers or our animal care groups, it’s important we continue to get behind those making a difference.
Successful organisations within the Glass House electorate include:
• Maleny Golf Club Incorporated, $30,090.91, to purchase a tractor
• Stanley River Cricket Club Incorporated, $10,405.00, to purchase equipment
• Stoney Creek Rural Fire Brigade, $18,905.00, to install a solar system and LED lighting
• Wamuran State School P&C Association, $25,000.00, towards the construction of a garden facility
• Maleny Branch Little Athletics, $11,020.00, to renovate the clubhouse facilities
• Chevallum State School P&C Association, $31,740.00, to install a playground
These quarterly grants allow profits from gambling to be invested back into grass roots services and facilities that benefited people from all walks of life in the Glass House community.
I encourage all local groups, however big or small, to apply for the next round of funding before the end of November 2014 and make the most of this wonderful opportunity.