Some of last week’s activities……
- As Patron of the Australian Aviation Heritage Centre – QLD it was great to attend a committee meeting and check out the progress on the Beaufort Bomber restoration.
- Met with Caboolture Community Adult Literacy Group Inc
- Caught up with Rachel Fentiman who was our sponsor on the Maleny-Montville/Maleny-Landsborough Roads intersection petition. Huge thanks to Rachel and everyone who took the time to sign the petition. We have correlated the signatures and the petition is now tabled and waiting for a response from the Minister.
- It was great to make it to the Maleny Commerce breakfast at Spicers Tamarind Retreat. Wonderful bunch of small business operators – the economic powerhouse of the Sunny Coast Hinterland.
- I caught up with a couple of Local Heroes Grant recipients. Slade North was selected to play in the Softball Queensland Team having represented our region through the Redcliffe Leagues Softball Association and Sandy and Yvonne at the Elimbah Uniting Church who will be buying a new zip water boiler out of their Local Heroes Grant.
- Meetings with constituents and Shadow portfolio stakeholders
- Travelled to Cairns and caught up with Mayor Tom Gilmore of the Shire of Mareeba. Tom is also the Chair of the Far North Queensland Regional Organisation of Councils so fantastic opportunity to discuss the north’s priorities.
To conclude the week I would like to pay tribute to someone who has had a great impact on me as a Member of Parliament. Many people have influenced who I am and how I serve as the Member for Glass House, but Joyce Newton is someone very special. Her friendship and support of me over the past decade, her service to the electorate of Glass House and the people of Maleny for the past 43 years and her unending commitment to the values of the LNP – Liberal National Party has led to her receiving an Honorary Life Membership and I was privileged to be present and see Joyce receive her award. From the depths of my heart, thank you Joyce.